Figures for tomorrow seminar, 30 September 2019
Statistics Finland organises a full day seminar in cooperation with Eurostat for users of national and international statistics under the theme "Tiedosta tulevaisuus / Figures for tomorrow".
Come and hear, e.g. the thoughts of a MEP on the importance of factual data. During the day, interesting regional data on the population projection will also be published.
Time: Monday 30 September 2019, 10:00 am to 4:30 pm, registration starts at 9:30 am
Location: Statistics Finland, Työpajankatu 13, Helsinki, Finland
- New possibilities of statistics and data production, Director General Ms Marjo Bruun, Statistics Finland
- Improving statistical literacy and dissemination in Europe, director of Methodology, Dissemination and Cooperation Mr Eduardo Barredo Capelot, Eurostat
- Factual data in political decision-making, Member of the European Parliament Ms Sirpa Pietikäinen
- What does the regional population projection tell us?, Senior Statistician Mr Markus Rapo, Statistics Finland
- Case: Sustainability development indicators, now and in the future, Senior Research Scientist Mr Jari Lyytimäki PhD, Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE)
- Case: The importance of data in international trade, Chief Economist Mr Mauri Kotamäki, Finland Chamber of Commerce
- Case: Data belongs to everyone, Professor of Practice Mr Pekka Sauri, the University of Helsinki
- Conclusion, Head of Research Mr Faiz Alsuhail, Statistics Finland
Further information: Leila Kaunisharju, email@example.com