The Statistics Olympics are open to secondary and upper secondary school pupils, as well as to students in upper secondary vocational education. The competition has two categories:
- Category A: upper secondary school / upper secondary vocational school
- Category B: secondary school
Participation is free of charge.
You can participate in the competition alone or in groups of two to three people. The group members must be from the same school and category. A teacher from one’s own school supports, monitors and supervises the students’ work.
Examples of assignments in the previous competition (in Finnish):
- Test 1. Basic knowledge test: secondary school (PDF) / upper secondary school and upper secondary vocational school (PDF)
- Test 2. Use of official sources of statistical data (PDF)
- Test 3. Interpretation of statistical reports (PDF)