Accessibility statement for Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases
Statistics Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of its web services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases.
We have assessed the accessibility of the service ourselves.
The accessibility statement was prepared on 11 September 2020 and and it was updated on 21 December 2020.
How accessible are Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases?
Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases are partially compliant with the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1).
If you need such content that you cannot use because of deficiencies in accessibility, please contact Statistics Finland's information services. Email address of information services is email@example.com and telephone number +358 29 551 2220.
What deficiencies are there in the accessibility of Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases?
- The text alternatives of the logos and icons presented in the databases are not descriptive enough in all places. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- There are shortcomings in the marking of the structure of databases. For example, heading levels have not been used. There is no label in connection with many user interface components or it is not properly combined. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The user can view the statistical data selected in PxWeb databases as graphs. Colour is the only way to convey meaning in such statistical graphs. (WCAG 1.4.1)
- The contrast in the updating dates of tables and names of tabs is not sufficient. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- In the buttons on the table pages the text content has been implemented as images. (WCAG 1.4.5)
- There are problems with the responsiveness of the pages in mobile use and when the content is expanded. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- In some places the focus is slight and in some places it is not visible at all. (WCAG 1.4.11, 2.4.7)
- Due to the occasional lack of focus, keyboard accessibility is very difficult and in some places keyboard accessibility is impossible. (WCAG 2.1.1)
- A link bypassing blocks (skip link) does not exist. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The language selection of the pages cannot be determined programmatically. (WCAG 3.1.1)
- When making a selection from the drop-down menu, the content of the page changes without advance warning. (WCAG 3.2.2)
- The database code contains errors. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- The home page of each database has a directory tree. When a user opens or closes some branch of a tree structure, changes occur on the page, but no information is conveyed about these changes to the assistive device users. (WCAG 4.1.2, 4.1.3)
The PxWeb system is developed in cooperation with Nordic statistical institutes. A new, more accessible version of the system is being developed. According to current information, the version will be completed in January 2021. We will introduce it after testing and language versions.
Did you notice any other deficiencies in accessibility?
If you notice any deficiencies in the accessibility of Statistics Finland's PxWeb databases that are not listed on this page, please let us know about it. We will do our best to correct the deficiencies.
You can give us feedback by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you want to give feedback by telephone, call Statistics Finland's information services, tel. +358 29 551 2220.
We will respond to your feedback as soon as possible or within two weeks at the latest.
Accessibility supervision at the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
If you notice accessibility problems on the website, start by giving feedback to us, that is, the website administrator. It may take up to 14 days before you receive a response.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, you may file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be processed.
Supervision authority’s contact information
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility supervision unit
Accessibility requirements web service (in Finnish and Swedish only)
telephone number (switchboard) +358 295 016 000