Volume of goods transported by lorries decreased slightly in the first quarter of 2022release | Goods transport by road 2022, 1st quarter
According to Statistics Finland's data, a total of 58 million tonnes of goods were transported by lorries in domestic road transport in the first quarter of 2022. Compared with the previous year, the volume of transported goods decreased by three per cent. The transport performance, in turn, grew by 15 per cent and amounted to 7.1 billion tonne-kilometres.
- The total volume of goods transport in domestic road transport was 58 million tonnes in the first quarter of 2022. The volume decreased by three per cent from the previous year.
- Although the transport volume of road transport grew in total by 15 per cent from the
previous year, the transport volume of soil materials remained almost on level with the previous year.
- The share of transported soil materials made up around one-fifth of the volume of goods transported in road transport and six per cent of the transport performance.
- Ninety-six per cent of the transport volume was transported in professional transport and four per cent in private transport.
Volume of goods, vehicle mileage and transport performance of domestic road transport by quarter 2018Q1-2022Q2
Pick the data you need into tables, view the data as graphs, or download the data for your use.
- Transport of soil material
- Type of vehicle use
- Type of lorry