Accrual of taxes and compulsory social security contributions grew by 6.7 per cent in 2022release | Taxes and tax-like payments 2022
According to Statistics Finland’s revised data, the accrual of taxes and compulsory social security contributions grew by 6.7 per cent in 2022. The total accrual amounted to EUR 115.6 billion. The tax ratio fell by 0.2 percentage points from the previous year and was 43.0 per cent in 2022. The tax ratio describes the ratio of taxes and compulsory social security contributions to gross domestic product.
- The accrual of income and capital taxes paid by households grew by 7.2 per cent and was EUR 34.6 billion, the accrual of corporation tax grew by 17.7 per cent and was EUR 8.1 billion.
- The accruals of compulsory social security contributions paid by both employees and employers increased.
- The accrual of taxes paid on goods and services was EUR 36.7 billion and it grew by 5.2 per cent.
- Compared to the March preliminary round, the accrual of all taxes paid in 2022 grew by EUR 344 million and the tax ratio fell by 0.2 percentage points.
- From the March preliminary round, data were updated on the employment pension contributions paid by employers (EUR +258 million), the employment pension contributions of the insured (EUR -63 million) and taxes paid on goods and services (EUR +148 million).
Pick the data you need into tables, view the data as graphs, or download the data for your use.
- Tax category