Accessibility statement for the Taika research data catalogue
Statistics Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of its web services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to Statistics Finland's Taika research data catalogue.
We have assessed the accessibility of the service ourselves.
The accessibility statement was prepared on 12 February 2021.
How accessible is the Taika research data catalogue?
Statistics Finland's Taika research data catalogue is partially compliant with the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1).
If you need such content that you cannot use because of deficiencies in accessibility, please contact Statistics Finland's research services. The email address of research services is firstname.lastname@example.org.
What deficiencies are there in the accessibility of the Taika research data catalogue?
- There are not text alternatives for icons important for use. The limitation menu contains a calendar from which the user could select dates. The button opening the calendar has a calendar icon, but the screen reader user is not informed about what button it is. (WCAG 1.1.1, 4.1.3)
- Heading levels have not been used hierarchically correctly. Some pages have several main level headings and on some pages the heading levels have been skipped over. In tables notations of column and row headings are missing. The search function and the contact form fields either lack labels or they have not been properly implemented. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- In the limitation menu, instructions on the correct form for date are given only after the date entry field. (WCAG 1.3.2)
- In the date selector, the contrast between the button texts and dates is not sufficient relative to the background colour. (WCAG 1.4.3)
- If on the catalogue pages only the size of the text is changed, part of the information in an individual data file becomes hidden under another element or unreadable. (WCAG 1.4.4)
- The main menu is not available in the mobile view. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- The catalogue pages are missing a transition link that bypasses blocks. (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The page link is used as titles. Although the links are short and fairly understandable, they are not good titles. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- The catalogue contains search directed at the data file it contains, but no search directed at the service pages or a page map. The catalogue contains only three actual pages, however, and most of the content moves forward by means of the selection or search process. (WCAG 2.4.5)
- The visible name of the “Empty the basket” button is different from the name of the component. (WCAG 2.5.3)
- When something is written in the search field, the result list is updated sign by sign. The user is not warned about this in advance and the results are not separately conveyed to the user. (WCAG 3.2.2, 4.1.3)
- The “Limit the search” button opens the limitation menu. No information is conveyed about the state of the menu to the screen reader user. No information is conveyed about the state of the date selector to the screen reader user. (WCAG 4.1.3)
- The website code has errors. (WCAG 4.1.1)
We aim to correct the deficiencies known to us.
Did you notice any other deficiencies in accessibility?
If you notice any deficiencies in the accessibility of the Taika research data catalogue that are not listed on this page, please let us know about it. We will do our best to correct the deficiencies.
Accessibility supervision at the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
If you notice accessibility problems on the website, start by giving feedback to us, that is, the website administrator. It may take up to 14 days before you receive a response.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, you may file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be processed.
Supervision authority’s contact information
Southern Finland Regional State Administrative Agency
Supervision unit of accessibility
Saavutettavuusvaatimukset web service (in Finnish and Swedish only)
Tel. switchboard +358 295 016 000