Number of working days lost in labour disputes higher than usual in 2022release | Statistics on labour disputes 2022
According to Statistics Finland, there were 64 labour disputes in Finland in 2022. The number of employees involved in labour disputes was around 177,600 and the number of working days lost was about 962,600. One year earlier, the number of employees involved in labour disputes was about 22,500 and the number of working days lost was around 34,100. The greater industrial actions in 2022 than usual were mainly caused by strikes in the local government and health care sectors.
- The number of labour disputes in 2022 was 64, of which actual labour disputes numbered 48 and strike threats 16. The number of labour disputes in the previous year was almost the same, 50, but there were only five strike threats.
- The majority of labour disputes, 46, or 72 per cent, were strikes and strike threats.
- The most common reason for labour disputes was a dispute related to collective bargaining, totalling 40, or 63 per cent of labour disputes. Eighty-six per cent of working days were lost in labour disputes related to collective bargaining.
- The number of labour disputes was highest in manufacturing (C), but most working days were lost in human health and social work activities (Q).
Labour disputes in 2000 to 2022
Pick the data you need into tables, view the data as graphs, or download the data for your use.
- Reasons for labour disputes
- Form of labour dispute