Accessibility statement for the table service of Statistics Finland’s publications
Statistics Finland aims to guarantee the accessibility of its web services in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
This accessibility statement applies to the table service of Statistics Finland’s publications. The table services are listed on the page Online services of publications. The table services consist of the website and Excel files. In addition, the services have some PDF files and links to PDF versions of publications.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
The accessibility statement was prepared on 22 September 2020, and it was updated on 11 April 2022.
We have assessed the accessibility of the service ourselves.
How accessible are the table services of Statistics Finland's publications?
The table services of Statistics Finland's publications are partially compliant with the A and AA level accessibility criteria required by law (WCAG criteria 2.1).
If you need such content that you cannot use because of deficiencies in accessibility, please contact Statistics Finland's information services. Email address of information services is firstname.lastname@example.org and telephone number +358 29 551 2220.
What deficiencies are there in the accessibility of the table services of Statistics Finland's publications?
- The logos in the services, the cover images of publications and the copyright sign do not have text alternatives. Text alternatives are also missing from the graphs published in Excel tables. Text alternatives have not been used in PDF files. (WCAG 1.1.1)
- The structure of the services both on the web pages and in the files cannot be properly perceived programmatically. The heading levels have been used sparsely and partly erroneously. The search text field is missing a label. In Excel files, not all tables have been marked as tables interpreted programmatically. There are shortcomings in marking the structure of PDF files. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The web pages of the table services have been implemented with table layout. A programmatically readable order does not show that the topic menu is a navigation menu, which hampers the perception of the content. (WCAG 1.3.2)
- The colours used in the graphs in the files have been used as the only way to convey meaning. (WCAG 1.4.1)
- When resizing the text on the website, part of the content disappears from sight. (WCAG 1.4.4)
- The text is presented as images in the navigation menu. However, these images have text alternatives. The copyright sign on the home page has been implemented as an image. (WCAG 1.4.5)
- The web pages of the table services are not responsive. (WCAG 1.4.10)
- The web pages do not contain a link bypassing blocks (skip link). (WCAG 2.4.1)
- The focus order on the website always goes through the topic menu. It may be difficult for the user to perceive the list of tables opening from the topic selection in the actual content section. (WCAG 2.4.3)
- The main content of the table services is found in Excel files. Although the link names of the tables are otherwise descriptive, it is not said in connection with them that the link opens or downloads the Excel file. (WCAG 2.4.4)
- The language of the pages is not determined. Many files are in three languages and the shares of each language have not been determined in them separately. (WCAG 3.1.1, 3.1.2)
- The search text field does not have a label or help text. (WCAG 3.3.2)
- The website code has errors. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- The number of search results is not conveyed to the assistive device user. (WCAG 4.1.3)
Developing the service to be accessible requires a completely new implementation. We are developing the accessibility of Statistics Finland's most used services and building an entirely new website. The accessibility of the table services of publications will be improved after that. The accessibility of files will be corrected in connection with file updates.
The table services of publications also include files published before 23 September 2018, to which the requirements of the Act do not apply due to the release time limit (Sections 3 and 17 of the Act on the Provision of Digital Services).
Feedback and contact information
If you notice any deficiencies in the stat.fi web service that are not listed on this page, please let us know about it. We will do our best to correct the deficiencies.
We will respond to your feedback as soon as possible or within two weeks at the latest.
If you notice accessibility problems on the website, start by giving feedback to us, that is, the website administrator. It may take up to 14 days before you receive a response.
If you are not satisfied with the response from us or if you do not receive any response within two weeks, you may file a report with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The agency website has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish only) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be processed.
Supervision authority’s contact information
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility supervision unit
Accessibility requirements web service (in Finnish and Swedish only)
telephone number (switchboard) +358 295 016 000