The concepts described on these pages are words and expressions used in statistics with a specific, limited meaning. In everyday speech the word may have a different meaning. In connection with each definition you can find information about which sets of statistics use the concept.
If you are looking for statistical figures, go from the definition to the statistics page.
Further vocational education
Further vocational education refers to education leading to a further of specialist vocational qualification. Further and specialist vocational qualifications are obtained with skills examinations, that is, vocational skills are assessed in separate examination situations. Skills examinations for further and specialist vocational qualifications can be taken irrespective of the way of acquisition of vocational skills. Vocational skills can be acquired through education, working life or hobbies.
Validity of the definition
- 1 January 1995 - 31 December 2020
- Initial vocational education
- Preparatory education for further vocational qualifications
- Preparatory education for specialist vocational qualifications
- Training agreement
- Preparatory initial vocational education for a skills examination
- Preparatory vocational education for a skills examination
- Apprenticeship training